- 4 chicken breasts
- 5 cups of chicken broth OR chicken bouillon prepared to the same quantity
- 4 large potatoes
- 1/2 head of broccoli (optional)
- 4 stalks of celery
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of frozen sweet corn
- 3/4 tsp onion powder OR half an onion
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1/4 tsp dry basil
- 6 tbsp cornstarch (or more, or less, depending on your desired thickness)
- Slow cooker
- Kitchen knife
- Measuring spoons and cups
Peel the potatoes.
Roughly cut the potatoes, onion (if using), broccoli (if using), celery, and chicken into bite-size chunks.
Pour the chicken broth into the slow cooker. Add dry spices, corn, and garlic and stir well.
Cook on HIGH for 4 hours, 30 minutes.
30 minutes before serving, put the slow cooker back on high. Remove 1-1/2 to 2 cups of liquid to a separate bowl. Whisk the cornstarch into the removed liquid until well combined.
Add the cornstarch mixture back to the slow cooker and mix well. Cook for 30 minutes.