- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 cans (32oz) of salsa (the hotter the better - the heat will cook down)
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- (Optional) Lime juice to taste
- (Optional) Medium sweet or yellow onion, diced
- 1 can corn (no salt added)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- (Optional) 3 jalapenos, sliced
- Slow cooker
Combine the salsa, the taco seasoning, lime juice, onion, corn, beans, and jalapenos in a slow cooker until evenly distributed. Add the chicken and spoon the mixture over it, leaving a buffer between the sides and the bottom of the slow cooker and covering it as much as possible. Feel free to add more salsa if needed.
Cook on high for 4 hours, 30 minutes. When time is up, shred the chicken. Return the shredded chicken to the juices, mix, and cook on high for another 30 minutes.
Serve as sliders or on tortillas.