- 2-4 chicken breasts
- 6 oz bag of fresh baby spinach (adjust as needed, but remember this will cook down significantly)
- 1 tbsp garlic-flavored breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Salt, pepper, and oregano for sprinkling
- Pepperjack cheese (optional)
- Kitchen knife
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Small to medium mixing bowl
- Baking sheet
Begin preheating a pan over medium-low heat and preheat the oven to 375F.
Chop the spinach into moderately sized pieces.
Once the pan is preheated, add the oil and spinach.
Stirring frequently, allow the spinach to cook down. About 3/4 of the way through, add the garlic.
Remove the spinach and garlic from the pan to the mixing bowl. Add the breadcrumbs, onion powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside to cool.
Slit each chicken breast down a long side, leaving the other three sides closed. This is like butterflying the chicken breast but without cutting all the way through.
Use a fork to stuff the openings of each breast with the spinach mixture.
If using, slice the cheese and push it into the openings of the chicken breasts, using 1-2 slices per breast.
Transfer the chicken breasts to the baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and oregano. Bake to an internal temperature of 165F, around 35-45 minutes depending on the size of the breasts.